Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cauliflower Part 2

Roasting Veggies always gives such a depth of flavor that you can't get from steaming or a microwave pouch. The roasted asparagus and roasted broccoli I've made was such a big hit, I decided to try the simple roasted cauliflower recipe mentioned on ThatWife from allrecipies.com. It's a 5 ingredient recipe, even easier than the broccoli one we love, and cooks alongside my roast chicken during the last half hour as a faster alternative to mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower. I loved it, Dave loved it, and it's becoming another vegetable staple in the house.

Roasted Balsamic Cauliflower
from allrecipies.com

Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
2.Stir the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and garlic together in a bowl. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat; spread the mixture onto the lined baking sheet.
3.Stirring occasionally, bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. And just when my oven breaks! This looks yummy :) I guess you'll have to make it for me!

    ReplyDelete