Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Slightly Inappropriate Children's Books

In a seemingly new trend (or as they say in tv world, if you haven't seen it, it's new to you), Children's books are taking an adult-like turn as the generation of adults who refuse to grow up are becoming parents. Yes I'm talking about the generation who has turned every game into a drinking game, serious adult athletic events like coed baseball and marathons into kickball and mud runs. Those same people who have realized that they don't want the fun to end post-college so they just make it so. Not only have I been noticing this trend in sports, but by the advent of the Rockabye baby CD covers of the "hip" bands of said generation: Radiohead, Tool, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Coldplay, Led Zepplin, the Beatles, Bob Marley, etc.

My sister's told me about this one:


Which led me to this one "All my friends are dead" - a book about dinosaurs and other extinct creatures



Then there's "Pat the Zombie" um, yeah, a play on "Pat the Bunny" -def. not intended for children


which led me to find my Favorite:
"Monsters eat Whiny Children"
which I think I will purchase. It's the perfect amount of sarcasm for me and has a good message.













No comments:

Post a Comment